At Peninsula Curtains and Blinds we have a full-time, permanent position on offer for a suitably skilled and/or experienced person to join our friendly team installing curtains and blinds.
We are a family-run business that has been operating for over 40 years and we continue to enjoy sustained growth. We are experts in our field and take pride in producing high quality, custom-made curtains and blinds that are all manufactured in Australia based in Mornington.
- Do you take pride in your handyman work and have a high attention to detail?
- Are you handy with power tools?
- Do you enjoy customer service and interacting with people?
- Are you looking for a career change or are close to retiring from a trade?
- Would you like to earn a regular, stable income close to home?
If yes to these questions then please read on...
Curtain and Blind Technician
Servicing predominantly domestic clients, you will be required to install curtains (motorized and track), blinds, shutters, and some outdoor awnings.
Maintaining a personable and professional approach is essential at all times as you will be required to interact with our clients within their homes during the installation process.
Can consistently and accurately follow instructions and processes, is professionally presented, has good communication skills, can think outside the box uses initiative, has excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to resolve issues while on a client's premises. Attention to detail, customer focussed, enjoy working to a high-quality standard, safe and practical ability in handling power tools are all beneficial to the role.
Why work for us - awesome staff benefits:
We provide you with lots of benefits including a van, fuel card, mobile phone, uniform, training and ongoing support, a stable career, supportive and fun workplace and regular staff social activities including our Fish and Chip Fridays!
Manufacture curtain and drape products, be a part of a growing business and majority of our staff are long term employees.
Based in Mornington, we are a local business that manufactures a variety of custom-made window coverings and the successful candidate will join our team as a permanent employee working Monday to Thursday 8 am-4:30 pm and Fri 8 am-2:30 pm. The machinist position requires a punctual and reliable person willing to work in a team environment who has a good eye for detail with quality workmanship. You will be responsible for operating an industrial sewing machine to cut and sew fabrics which will then be made into curtains, drapes and soft furnishing by your team.
Day to day duties include:
- Use of an industrial sewing machine
- Handle a variety of soft furnishing fabrics
- Ensure customer orders are neatly finished
- Communicate and work with co-workers effectively
To be successful you need:
- Previous industrial sewing experience
- Top multi-task and work to set deadlines
- An excellent eye for detail with a focus on quality
- Ability to work unsupervised and communicate clearly
It will be highly regarded if you have a background as a sewer, upholsterer, embroider, overlocker operator within a factory or manufacturing environment.